Statement from the Chief
On behalf of the faculty, residents, fellows, and staff of the Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
of the Keck School of Medicine, I want to welcome you to our website. This website is the virtual
convergence of our three integrated goals of world class patient care, surgical education, and research.
At USC, we are fortunate to have 10 full-time faculty surgeons and over 30 affiliated faculty providing expertise
in every facet of plastic surgery. This includes breast reconstruction, extremity reconstruction, hand surgery,
pediatric plastic surgery including craniofacial and cleft lip and palate, burn injury and reconstruction, and
cosmetic surgery. This, in combination with our location in the heart of the vibrant City of Los Angeles has
allowed us to become a recognized center of excellence in plastic surgery.
So, whether you are a patient, medical student, or interested supporter, our website should allow you to virtually
explore USC Plastic Surgery. We thank you for visiting.
Mark M. Urata, MD, DDS
Audrey Skirball-Kenis Chair and Chief
Division of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Keck School of Medicine of USC
- Joe Carey, M.D. joined our faculty as Director of Fresh Tissue Dissectin Curriculum after his microsurgery fellowship at Stanford University.
- Joining the Trojan Family as PGY-1 Plastic Surgery Residents for 2012-13 are Ian Buchanon, M.D. from Harvard Medical School, Cameron Francis, M.D. from UCSD, and Don Hoang, M.D. from Yale School of Medicine.
- Dr. Mark Urata and the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles Craniofacial and Cleft Center featured on ABC
- Dr. Andre Panossian along with the Craniofacial team of Childrens Hospital of Los Angeles is highlighed on Good Morning America
- Dr. Warren Garner honored as the Grabb Lecturer at the University of Michigan and as the Plastic Surgery Education Foundation visiting lecturer.
- Dr. Jeffrey Hammoudeh wins the Kawamoto Award for the the Best Craniofacial Publication at the American Cleft Palate Craniofacial Meeting for our work in neonatal distraction.
- All ten USC full-time faculty are now listed amongst Pasadena Magazine's Best Doctors.
- Former graduate Dung Nguyen, M.D. joined our faculty at Cedars Sinai Medical Center after her microsurgery fellowship at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital.
- Former graduate Morad Askari, M.D. is now on the faculty of the University of Miami following his Hand Fellowship at the Mayo Clinic.